30/09/2016

London Calling!

(beep)

Ay up future anna!

Even though the tubes and the super fast pace stresses me OUT!! I love travelling to London and exploring! Yesterday, me and some friends went to Shakespeare's Globe to see MACBETH! A few of us had been before to see A Midsummer Nights Dream around my birthday, and we loved it so much that we decided to go and see something else.


The show was INCREDIBLE! Like seriously!! It was directed by Iqbal Khan, and even though there is moments of comedy throughout the play (even around the deaths of major characters), Khan had stayed true to the ideas that Shakespeare may have had and created tension through it. The set was the traditional stage, but with panels of curved, thick, black wire. This kind of panelling also created a door to help with dramatic entrances. I feel like I am writing a drama essay, ha!

Hubble, Bubble, Toil, and Trouble! THE WITCHES WERE INCREDIBLE! Khan used elements of puppets, smoke, and music to create scary and large characters that could haunt Macbeth and his future. Talking about Macbeth, THE CAST WERE INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone was so skilled in the characters they played, and as Shakespearian language can sometimes be hard to understand, you can tell when people are great actors when they play more than one character and you can see the difference and you think they are different characters. Does that make sense? I can't really explain it but I know what I mean. ALSO LADY MACBETH WAS PLAYED BY TARA FITZGERALD WHO WAS IN GAME OF THRONES! AHHHHHH!!

I don't want to give too much away as going to the Globe is a super special experience, and if you get the chance to go, GO GO GO!!! (p.s. It isn't expensive to go! The cheapest tickets are £5 because they want it to be accessible to everyone!)

Whilst I was in London, I was able to go to the new Tate 360 thing where you can see a 360' view of London from the top floor of the Tate gallery. I felt like I was on the cover of the 'WILD WORLD' album from Bastille!


Anyway, I managed to get there and back home safe, so until next time, feel free to carry on being crazy fast paced London!

See ya later future anna! (p.s. you probably need to top up your oyster card for next time!)

(beep)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Spread positivity. If you disobey these 2 rules in any way, I will never answer your call.