anna, it's me, pick up!
ugh, I hate when this happens.
*what a shame. anna isn't available right now. She is probably busy taking photographs, editing films, and adding stuff to her little internet blog. Don't worry though, just leave your message after the beep*
hey future anna, it's me, past anna. how's it going? I hope it's going good! I can't believe that 4 years ago today we started this. as a way to post things we wanted to remember and keep forever, and share more words with the world. it's been fun, so much fun! and we've gone through a lot...
new cars, interviews and opportunities, holidays and visits, making films, crazy scary days, music and shows, so so much!
with nearly 140 posts and nearly 10,000 views, it's weird to think that people do care about what is posted here. but at the same time, it's nice to have as a personal thing, to be able to see triumphs and failures, mostly with not completing my New Years resolutions. hahah! one day we'll do them all, but no promises.
this blog has led me to create more YouTube videos, start making IGTV videos, and being asked to do some cool things.
I thought it would be cool to look through my first ever post, and reanswer the bit about me section. 4 years can change you, or also make you realise you're still the exact same person and haven't changed since you got to highschool.
- I'm 18 and currently in my gap year. This gap year may last forever. I still don't know really.NOW: I'm 22, and still in my gap year lollll. when people ask me what I wanna do with my life, I say I'm on my gap year for the foreseeable future and will let them know when I know. there are thoughts of moving back to London, conquering the world and all sorts. Again, I'll keep you updated.
- To be honest, I hate texting and much prefer speaking to someone in person, but I love telephone calls, so that is kinda what inspired me with the format of this blog.NOW: still relate to this. I love being in contact with my friends, but I sometimes feel like things get lost in translation. I've discovered voice notes, so I love using them!
- It is my dream to go in a seaplane. And be a film maker, but the seaplane dream seems cooler.NOW: I still wanna go in a seaplane. whenever I see one, in real life or a film, it just pushes me to do it even more. I don't know why really, I just think it's cool that it can be a boat, but also fly? seems fake but ok. oh, and to be a film maker. yeah. I guess this blog has helped me learn more about the film industry over the last 4 years. I want to do more than just make films, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to do that either.
- I'm a vegetarian because I don't really enjoy the texture of meat. Eat whatever you want, you support me and I will support you.NOW: same.
- I have 7 cactus. They all have names and are basically my children.NOW: lol I made a YouTube video recently talking about my plants. all those cacti are dead, soz. but I have 4 plants that are doing ok. I hope my plants know I do love them, even if they do feel neglected from time to time.
- I am a fangirl. Katy Perry, Kacey Musgraves, Bastille, Melanie Martinez, Mumford & Sons, Girli, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, and many, many more.NOW: still true! I'd say Katy Perry and Bastille are still my faves, but I still love those other things and a lot more. crazy to think in the last 4 years, I've met Bastille! one day it'll be katy. but we'll just have to wait and see.7. There are lots more other things I could list but I will just give you those details for now. You will learn more about me if you want to through my posts and social media.NOW: true. a friend recently made me realise that I don't have an aesthetic. it made me sad to think I couldn't put my life into a pretty box, but then I realised that it's quite nice to be outside the box. I love colour, I love being chic, I love being messy, I love cottage core and I wanna wear that but I also wanna wear suits and have a sword. it's nice to finally know that it's ok to be who I wanna be, and not worry about instagram themes or what other people think. I don't care, so you shouldn't either.
So, that's where we're at. it's been a good 4 years, and also not great. hahah! but it's so lovely to have all these words and things to look through to remind myself of what I've done and achieved. here's to the next 4 years, I wonder what will happen!
stay safe future anna, you're gonna do great xoxo